Wednesday, July 2, 2014

46 - They're actually gaining on him


The Cuscuses follow. I thought they would be trailing behind, but they’ve made up the distance rather quickly. Dr. Amazat should be commended. Physically they’re quicker, faster, and more powerful than me. Imagine what they could do with my training and experience. That’s a foe I wouldn’t want to face.
All four shuffle along the ledge around the side of the building. Kyle decides to go higher. With bare hands he’s able to scale the side of the hotel like it was flat ground. I would have a hard time keeping up with him, but the Cuscuses don’t. Apparently Amazat designed them to move up and down as well to the side in the urban jungle. Kyle is as surprised as I am. They’re actually gaining on him. He pops into a window.
I’m tempted to follow them in but hold back realizing this is not the time to reveal myself.
I hear scuffling and women shrieking. The temptation to go inside grows.
One of the Cuscuses comes flying out of a window head first two stories up. The other two fly out of an adjacent window holding onto Kyle. Or is he holding on to them? They’re at arms’ length and spinning slightly. Kyle twists one so he hits a cornice with the side of his body and rolls down the side of the building alone. That leaves him with only one opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment