Thursday, July 3, 2014

47 - They Struggle in the Air


They struggle in the air. Their bodies are entwined like pretzels. Each has a hand around the other’s throat. The Cuscuses were designed to feel little pain, but the grimace on this one makes me shiver. Kyle is able to slip loose at the last second and flip himself over a pole and onto the ground. But his momentum is too great. He crashes thru a newsstand with the Cuscus.
Kyle is on all fours and tries to spring to his feet, but the Cuscus is too quick. They grapple with the Cuscus on top, writhing and struggling. Kyle somehow manages to flip his attacker over his back and puts him in a headlock.
But it doesn’t last. The other two Cuscuses are behind him and pull him off. Kyle sidekicks one and roundhouses the other, but neither go down. The four are back at it punching, kicking, blocking, and chopping.
Kyle looks like he’s starting to breathe hard, and I think I see what may be a drop of sweat moving down his brow. His endurance is incredible. I wonder if he’s had any enhancements. I should collect a genetic sample and have Amazat test it. No, not Amazat. I don’t trust him. Who knows what he would do with that information. I’ll find another less self-interested geneticist to analyze the sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment