Tuesday, July 1, 2014

45 - Extreme Sports Style




He goes for a jog each day, sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night. But he doesn’t use a trail in the park like a normal person. No, he has to do it extreme sports style. He jogs across rooftops, leaping from building to building. I couldn’t have asked for a better setting if I had planned it myself. His four-eyed friend usually jogs on the sidewalk below, but for some reason isn’t tonight. I wonder why.
He leaps from ledge to roof effortlessly with a smile of pure euphoria filling his face. He really enjoys this, doesn’t he? But I can see the quick glances he takes around, the straining of his ears in every direction. He knows something’s up, and he’s ready for it. No reason to keep him waiting.
The Cuscuses descend from three sides when he is in midair and has no way of dodging them. He tries his best to block all three attacks, but two of them hit him pretty hard. He crashes against the brick chimney so hard it cracks. They don’t give him any chance to recover delivering a series of kicks, punches, and elbow jabs to every part of his body. I see the smug looks on their faces and shake my head. “Don’t get sloppy,” I whisper, but it’s too late. He kicks one of them across the street. The other two intensify their barrage of punches, but he somehow slips past them and is off the rooftop and onto a ledge across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment