Monday, June 30, 2014

44 - The Next Test


Chapter VI - Dancing Above the City

The next test must be outdoors, somewhere open and spacious. I’ve already seen how Kyle handles himself in an enclosed area, and now I must learn what he’ll do in the complete opposite. His fighting technique has changed a lot. It’s almost like he’s become a different person. What has he been up to in the years since we last met? Where has he trained? Who’s been instructing him? And why have I been completely ignorant of him this whole time? And it’s not like he’s been hiding quietly in some hole. Since learning he is the Wandering Koala, I’ve found literally thousands of reports, stories, blog posts, editorials, and other mentions of him and his exploits. He’s been busy, and all over the world. It doesn’t seem to matter in what part of this planet I look, I find a trace of his being there. And yet with all of this, he’s still just an urban legend with no substantiated sightings or definitive physical evidence, video, or even clear pictures.
He is an enigma unlike any other I have faced. Part of me is glad. It would take someone extraordinary to defeat me. Like a koala he looks all innocent and friendly, but his claws are sharp and he’s not shy about unsheathing them. I still haven’t discovered where the name “Wandering Koala” came from, but I will solve that mystery as well. His defeat must be total and complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment