Thursday, June 5, 2014

27 - Cuscus


Chapter IV - A Medium-sized City

The moon is full and bright – a hunter’s moon. A good omen. The universe is on my side. I shan’t fail. There was a time the learned and wise would look to the sky for signs to guide their actions. They regularly enjoyed bountiful harvests and were warned before disaster struck. Now too many of the so called “educated” think themselves too learned and wise to listen to anyone or anything but their own scholarship. Ironic – the very source they look to for their salvation is the very source of their stumbling.
I should not have been so surprised at Dr. Amazat’s willingness to assist me with the Wandering Koala. It seems he has stepped on even more toes than even the Sainswroths suspected. While I understand his change of heart, I am still leery of how helpful and obliging he became. Enemies do not suddenly become friends, no matter the cause. I must keep an eye on him.
The Cuscuses are proving to be even better than I had hoped. I was sure that in the decades since my last … experience, his methods and techniques would have been refined, but this, this is like a science fantasy come to life! They are so elegant and powerful; their moves so precise. And they pick up new skills so quickly. I dare say it won’t be long before their abilities exceed even my own. I must set my plans into motion before then.




No comments:

Post a Comment