Wednesday, June 25, 2014

41 - Now that's an Interesting Thought







“I don’t think science would still classify them as homo sapiens, not with their modified DNA, RNA, amino acids, and proteins. I’m not sure what they are.”
“And here I thought that phoenix we faced last week was pretty crazy. And the Christmas lawn decorations come to life the month before that. And what about that giant green bull? You don’t get charged by one of those everyday.”
“We do seem to encounter more than our fair share of the weird and unexplained.”
“It’s his fault.” He points to Kyle. “If he’d just throw away that stupid compass of his instead of always going where it points, we’d save ourselves a lot of grief.”
“If not for that ‘stupid compass’, you’d still be stuck at The Power Company, and I’d be on the end of a Lab Assistant’s skewer.”
“Eww. That would be bad. I hated working at The Power Company.”
I look up at René and shake my head. I think he was only kidding, but with him you can never really be sure.
“So where does one go to get these enhancements? Maybe the same guys who made those Lab Assistants, because you know those weren’t your run-of-the-mill henchmen.”
“The Lab Assistants. Now there is an interesting thought.”

No comments:

Post a Comment