Friday, June 6, 2014

28 - I Don't Understand


I had thought the Wandering Koala and his companions would be on guard after my assault on them on the Jupiter, but it appears things like that happen on a regular basis.
I’ve maintained a close surveillance for the past few weeks while waiting for Amazat to make delivery. He met his original target date. I was surprised, but pleased. It means my plans can move forward unhindered. Kyle stays in hotels every night while his two companions disappear to somewhere I can’t follow. That concerns me, because it’s a variable I can’t prepare for.
Moving in for the attack should be straight forward enough. I have yet to see any extraordinary security measures. Kyle sleeps alone in a hotel room with no alarms, no guards, and no defenses other than locking the door and occasionally the window. He’s either very foolish or very confident. And he makes no effort to obscure his location. He checked in under his own name. If I made as many enemies as he did, I would take a few more precautions.
I’m still not sure why he surrounds himself with those two buffoons. Brent seems competent enough with research and scientific manners, but he’s a liability in a fight, and they get into so many of them. The other one, René, must have some ability that is essential in rare circumstances, because I have yet to see him make any contribution whatsoever. But I will find out soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment