Thursday, May 1, 2014

3 - A Rodizio Pizzaria

My reconnaissance tells me he will be dining at a local restaurant serving a rodizio of pizza tonight. He’s been so careful about guarding every word to conceal his identity and whereabouts. But no one is perfect. Everyone slips up, and his mistake will cost him his life. But that’s the price of crossing those in power. Maybe he’ll receive a hero’s funeral when they ship the corpse back home.
The restaurant is crowded, as I knew it would be. While it’s open daily for lunch and dinner, the rodizio of pizza is offered only on the fourth Saturday of each month. People begin lining up hours before the doors open. I’ve never understood why. One would have to be nearly dead from hunger to find it anything but edible. But I am a connoisseur with extremely discriminating taste when it comes to food, drink, and the finer things of life – something this squalor could never understand. I still can’t believe they live with open sewers running thru their neighborhoods. How can they not see … ehhh! It pains me to even think about it.
I find a table close enough to provide an unobstructed view of my prey but far enough away he won’t notice me. The client gave me full details on my target. Like most clients, this one felt it was important that I understand why the target must be eliminated. It makes no difference to me. Like any professional – lawyer, plumber, accountant – the why makes no difference. I just do my job.





No comments:

Post a Comment