Friday, May 2, 2014

4 - All You Can Eat Pizza

Daniel Snowflake worked for one of the many intelligence (and I use the term loosely) agencies that keeps tab on the state’s own citizens without their knowledge. He felt a pang of conscience and decided to go public with what the powers that be were doing. Despite his public promise to protect whistleblowers, the Chief Executive declared him a traitor, and he was forced to flee the country. He hired me thru third party to try and obscure the assassination as an official action, but I know where the money came from, and his critics won’t be fooled. He believes Snowflake is currently being granted asylum by one of the nation’s chief rivals, but I have my own sources that tracked him to his real location. If all their intel is that faulty, one has to wonder if the spying is really anything to be concerned about. But like most people, they fret over the idea of something more than the reality. No wonder the masses accomplish so little – lack of discipline, humanity’s greatest sin.
I do nothing for the first three courses. I don’t even look at my quarry. The last thing I want is to spook him and draw attention to myself. The client wants this to look like an accident so Snowflake doesn’t become a martyr. That’s no problem. All my hits are quiet with the case closed after minimal investigation.
By the fourth course my target is feeling relaxed and probably a little sick from gorging himself on pizza. Now is the time to strike.




No comments:

Post a Comment