Monday, May 5, 2014

5 - Enjoying a Slice of Pizza


Over the decades I’ve acquired some rather unorthodox methods of carrying out the job. I prefer methods most wouldn’t ever think of, so when a body expires, everyone assumes it was natural so no one bothers looking any further.
Tonight I’ve selected a rather potent parasite, rare enough most medical facilities would be ill equipped to treat it. When the waiter brings the fourth pizza, I prepare to distract him and then sprinkle the eggs onto it until I see the chicken hearts. I wait. It would be a sin to desecrate a chicken heart pizza. That is one of the few signs of civilization on this otherwise backward continent. I take two slices of this gourmet masterpiece and savor each bite as I wait for the next round. It’s a rather pedestrian canned corn and carrots pie – very popular down here. It deserves to be spiked.
Out of the corner of my eye I watch to make sure my mark eats a slice. He does, as does nearly everyone else in the restaurant. Perfect. In two days the news will report a third city has been struck by a rare parasite. I’ve already spread the bug to two other nearby cities to completely obfuscate my actions.
When the body is finally identified, it’ll look like a karma reaping her ironic revenge against a man who turned on his government. I’ve already found a journalist desperate for a scoop.





No comments:

Post a Comment