Monday, May 12, 2014

10 - Transcontinental Bullet Train

Chapter II - Transcontinental Bullet Train

After our experience in Califia, I’ve decided to keep a journal of our adventures. I’ve always believed the old saying ‘Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it’, but now I am more convinced of it than ever. Without thorough documentation, we would have never been able to distribute the serum and cure millions of lives across the state. Who would have ever guessed I’d learn such an important lesson from René?
I thought about using a blog so others could read and benefit from our experiences, but then I thought back to one of the last things I said to our new friends: ‘The fewer people who know who we are, the easier our job is’. Right now anonymity is our ally, but that may not always be true, so I’ve created a private blog that can be read by invitation only. That way we remain under the radar, but it would be a simple matter to make it public. I guess I ought to clarify who we are.
My name is Brent Jakes. I was an accountant who discovered the Unified Field Theory, published it, and then was immediately ostracized by the scientific community. I still don’t know why. Now I work for Kyle who is also known as the Wandering Koala. He travels from place to place helping those who are at end of their rope. And then there’s René. Yeaaaah. Let’s just say there’s René.




No comments:

Post a Comment